Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Miss Susie Homemaker!!!

As some of you may well know, I am not much of a cooking, crafting, picturesque housewife! In fact I tell many I do not belong in the kitchen at all! However the weather today has inspired me a bit. I LOVE fall/autumn it is my favorite time of year. I know it's still a bit early,  today's weather however has made it feel as if it has arrived early. So I am inspired to start finding new recipes to try, we eat the same things over and over again! Everyone's task for the next few days is to find 1 or maybe even 20 of your favorite fall recipes and post them on the blog comment for me! Who knows you might even find one someone else posts to try for yourself!! So get to recipe finding, and ask your friends and family to do the same! Yes I'm being Miss Susie homemaker with my recipe sharing blog, and I'm very excited to see what everyone will post!!

1 comment:

  1. Here is my recipe and true to form its a BAKING recipe!!! Hahaha

    Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
    1/2 cup butter
    2 1/4 cup brown suger
    3 eggs
    2 3/4 cup flour
    2 1/2 teasp baking soda
    1/2 teasp salt
    1 1/2 teasp Vanilla
    2 cups chips

    Always remember to read the entire recipe to make sure you have all the ingredients on hand before beginning. There's nothing more frustrating than to begin mixing cookie bar dough only to discover you are missing a key ingredient that requires a trip to the market.

    1.Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
    2.Grease a 10x15-inch pan with cooking spray. If you prefer thicker chocolate chip cookie bars, like I do, use a 9x13 pan instead. When I last made them in a 9x13 pan they turned out about 1-inch thick and took just 30 minutes to bake.
    3.Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt with a whisk in a medium bowl. Set aside.
    4.Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
    5.Beat in eggs and vanilla.
    6.Beat in the flour mixture a little at a time until well combined, but don't over mix.
    7.Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
    8.Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (avoiding chocolate pieces as they will be melty).
    9.Cool on wire rack.
    10.Cut into desired size bars.
    11.Store the cookie bars in the pan covered with foil or plastic wrap or remove them from the pan and place them in an airtight container. These chocolate chip cookie bars freeze well too.

    ReplyDelete